The coverage of the quiz bee includes child labor and children’s rights.
- The Child Labor Quiz Bee shall be open to all high school students, public and private, who are below 18 years old from Regions NCR, III, IV-A, V and VIII.
- Participating schools can send only one (1) team with a maximum of three (3) members.
- The school principal or his/her authorized representative shall submit the names of team members to the NCLC through e-mail (email@example.com) not later than 3 November 2017 using the attached registration form. Participants must also show proof of identity (such as school ID) at the registration booth during the quiz bee.
- Questions shall be principally sourced from the www.batangmalaya.ph website.
- There shall be two (2) components in the competition namely: Elimination Round and the Final Round.
- During the elimination round, multiple choice questions shall be read by the Quizmaster twice. After reading the question for the last time, the Quizmaster shall give five (5) seconds to the teams to answer.
- At the signal of the Quizmaster, all teams shall answer the same set of questions by simultaneously raising the meta card corresponding to their answer.
- The elimination round shall have ten (10) questions. The top six (6) teams with the highest number of correct answers in the elimination round will qualify for the final round. In case of a tie for 6th place, all teams in 6th place will advance to the final round.
- Scores from the elimination round will not be carried over the final round.
- In the final round, there shall be no multiple choices. Questions shall be read by the Quizmaster twice. After reading the question for the last time, the Quizmaster shall give ten (10) seconds to the teams to answer.
- At the signal of the Quizmaster, all teams shall simultaneously raise the answer board with their answer.
- Teams shall be provided markers and answer boards, where they shall write their answers.
- The final round shall have seven (7) questions. The team who gets the highest number of points in this round shall automatically be declared as the champion. In case of a tie, tie-breaker questions shall be asked until only one team gets the correct answer.
- Champion - PhP 5,000.00
- 1st Runner-up – PhP 2,000.00
- 2nd Runner-up – PhP 1,000.00