- The Speech Choir Competition shall be open to all high school students, public and private, who are below 18 years old from Regions NCR, III, IV-A, V and VIII.
- Participating schools can send one (1) team composed of 15-20 members including students/children in charge with props.
- The first 20 teams to register by 3 November 2017 shall qualify to the competition.
- The school principal or his/her authorized representative shall submit the names of team members to the NCLC through e-mail (email@example.com) not later than 3 November 2017 using the attached registration form. Participants must also show proof of identity (such as school ID) at the registration booth during the competition.
- There shall be one (1) contest piece in Filipino which can be downloaded from the www.batangmalaya.ph website.
- Representatives of all qualifying schools (except for Regions V and VIII) are required to attend the orientation on 9 November 2017 (Thursday) at 1:30 p.m. at the Occupational Safety and Health Center, North Avenue corner Agham Road, Diliman, Quezon City.
- Costumes and props shall be allowed during performance except for the following:
- Use of flammable substances
- Use of paints, toxic substances and other liquids
- Materials and any act or choreography that would damage the wall and flooring
- No recorded music or recorded sound effects shall be used.
- Use of lights is only allowed for its basic purpose. Bringing of any electronic equipment is prohibited.
- Use of floor in front of stage as performance area will be allowed.
- Each performance shall last for a maximum of ten (10) minutes inclusive of ingress to and egress from the stage and cleaning up of performance area.
- The criteria for judging are as follows:
- Interpretation (manner in which the piece is internalized & presented)-30%
- Delivery (quality of voice, fluency, pronunciation, blending & harmony)-30%
- Stage Presence (stage poise, eye contact & audience impact)-20%
- Costume & Sound Effects (attire is related to concept, sound production)-10%
- Mastery of Piece-10%
- The champion shall be required to perform during the “Mahirap ma’y Mangarap” Storybook Launching on 29 November 2017 (Wednesday) at Philippine Information Agency Auditorium, 4th Floor, PIA Building, Visayas Avenue, Quezon City.
- Champion – PhP 20,000.00
- 1st Runner-up – PhP 10,000.00
- 2nd Runner-up – PhP 5,000.00
Trophies shall also be given to all the winning teams.